Friday, July 09, 2004

 

Numbers guy



I had dinner last night with Steve, an accountant for an American cosmetics company doing business in the Philippines. Surprisingly, this number-cruncher has a sense of humor.

In his mid-fifties, British-born, divorced with two grown sons, Steve is a very self-effacing, down-to-earth guy, and a confessed sub. He likes to be tied up and has a domme girlfriend in New York for these things.

I took him to my favorite Japanese restaurant. We had a really fun time. I was surprised at how comfortable I was with him. The last time I was there was with Terry. And for an accountant, he has this sensitivity to the written word that I found refreshing. And a fun sense of humor.

Steve: You don't have to be stupid to be an accountant.

Me: (laughing) That's mean!

Steve: Some people are born to be accountants. Did you know that? It comes out in psych tests.

Me: Now, that's what I call a karmic debt.

Steve: (laughing out loud)

Me: I mean, you must've done something horribly wrong in your past life to be born an accountant in the next.

He came across my profile in this personals site and was intrigued and impressed, or so he says, by what I had written there. He said it was amazing for its imagery.

This has been a pretty boring week. So was last week. *sigh* I miss my Dale.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?