Wednesday, July 21, 2004

 

Back in the game



Got hit by an infection last Saturday and suffered a fever of 38.5 ce (101.3 fa). It's been a long time since I had chills. It felt strange and somehow brought back childhood memories. it was funny to see my feet so pale and to feel my toes so cold. My hands were cold, too. This, in the middle of the day in high humidity.

So I spent that weekend till Monday in front of the tv, watching movies and cartoons. I chanced upon Ang Lee's Sense and Sensibility, the Emma Thompson starrer and screenplay. She really made the novel come to life here. The plot's compressed; details, succinct and economical; events, logical and credible; characters, true and lovable. However, I found Hugh Grant's casting at odds with that of Emma Thompson. They're not compatible at all. Alan Rickman (recently, Severus Snape) was a delight. I've always found him sexy (the man, not the character). But, all in all, it was such a delightful movie. I'd love to watch it again. Must do my usual rounds of the video stores for the cd.

Alex the New called up two weeks ago, asking to see me again. I was just coming out of my period so I declined, giving him some excuse or other. Actually, I didn't feel like socializing. Last Saturday, Mike, Mitsi's "master," called, just touching base. Wanted to play on the phone but I was in no mood, having been afflicted with this infection.

I'm seeing my Dale tomorrow, after almost two whole months of waiting.



Just got off the phone with Alex the New. I'm meeting him tonight at his place. He says his girlfriend's out of the country and he would really love to see me. Seeing action at last.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?