Thursday, May 13, 2004

 

To show or not to show...



I've been contemplating posting a pic on my profile here on Blogger. It's not a face pic and it's really provocative, if that's the word. Terry took it and did a little magic on it with Photoshop. I, in turn, had a fun time with the filters in Photoshop.

I'm not with my celfone today. It didn't feel like coming with me to work so it stayed quietly underneath the pillows, not making a peep. Lucky thing.

My computer, on the other hand, is infected with some worm. Whenever I use any instant messenger, it hangs. I've Norton installed and used it and used it, to no avail. Then I downloaded Spybot and that found 44 tracking cookies of ad sites. I hate those little buggers. But the problem remained. So I downloaded AVG Free Edition and that found eight worms. That corrected, I hoped and hoped and yet...no go. *sigh* I've tried terminating all processes not vital to the comupter's performance but still, no go. Now, my computer just slows down whenever I use any messenger. Bummer.

Surprisingly, my computer (despite the slowing down), likes it a lot better if, before I do anything, I run:
1.  In Safe Mode:

a. Spybot
c. Specific removal tools (for Sasser and Trojan.QHosts)
b. NAV
2. In Normal setting:
a. AVQ
b. Disk defragmenter
That is such a hassle to do everyday. Maybe I should just reformat the whole thing. But then I'd lose all those downloads from ____. Oh, but those James Brown classics are such a find! Not to mention that almost-DVD copy of Shania Twain's mtv of her "Gonna Getcha Good." I love that song! Guess I'll wait till I get a cd writer. And that's no cheap thing around these parts.

Can't wait till Saturday. Carl called again yesterday, asking me what I usually have for a drink. I said vodka's pretty easy to get around the city, but I suggested that he bring over a good red wine, sweet and fruity. He promised to get one good Australian brand. So I went and got some munchies to go with the wine: salted pili nuts, cashew nuts, baked peanuts, and raisins. I'll try the mall tomorrow for some nice cheese.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?