Thursday, February 19, 2004

 

Down & out

No Dale tonight. Nor any other day this week. Very sad.

He sounded very tired on the fone. He had gone to bed around 9.30 last night, he said, and woke up at 4 am, thinking of me. I just wanted to cry, I miss him so much. It's been three weeks! And all I have to show for it is one bad fucking dickhead, cold as hell.

Went to the gym this morning. Third time this week! Wow. Actually spent five minutes running on the treadmill. You go, girl. On the way out, I was smiling as I imagined how it would be to find Dale waiting for me at a cafe. He'd wave, pull out a chair for me, get me a latte at the counter and maybe a fudge brownie...or two....mmmm...and he'd pay me so much attention, even open the sugar sachet for me. Omigads, but I miss the guy!

This is a preview of things to come. (...Ominous music in the background...) Me, smiling to myself as I sip coffee at Starbucks, Shang, reminiscing (...segue to theme from Benny & Joon...) that first time we met, him with very pale blue eyes, no hair, large hands, take-charge attitude, and me, very nervous, uptight, crossed legs, shy eyes, small smile.

And then tears held back, deep sigh.

I miss my Dale.

(...Fade out...)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?