Thursday, September 04, 2003

 

Renaud

It's confirmed: Mara is having an affair with Renaud. They're off to Hong Kong on the 11th till the 14th. Fucking holiday, while Mara retrieves her passport from some embassy. I don't know if Mara's seeing Renaud exclusively, but from what I could gather, Renaud isn't. Mara shares the guy with some 14 or 15 other women. Not that I disapprove. Or approve. It's really what the partners agree on. I'm not judging. I'm just griping.

Anyway.

Final exams are 3 weeks away. I've accepted a drafting job. Should pay well. I need the money for next semester. Not to mention car expenses. Repairs, registration, blah. I'm trying to study. Should do well...I hope...

Anyhoo.

I've come to deal with Renaud's rejection. Men are dogs, as Alex has very well proved beyond a reasonable doubt. I'm focusing more now, on what's supposed to be done. I'm trying very hard to live my life. I'm trying very hard to find my niche. I'm trying desperately to live in the present, where I am and how I am situated. I am desperate. The present is ever so elusive.

I have applications all over the net for a teaching job in China. I'm ready for the next big adventure of my life. I can't wait till the semestral break. I have so many things to do:
1. Send application letters to teaching vacancies in China;
2. Study how to use MS Access;
3. Catch up on my reading (I still have an unread Isabel Allende book waiting for me at home);
4. Dig up great book bargains at used book stores;
5. Review basic HTML (I know, I know, it's outdated and ASP is the way to go but I only have so much time...).

I think I found a friend in Nelson. He's a Chinese citizen who grew up in the Philippines, married here, worked here. We kinda like think the same. We're both losers who somehow survive on our wits, if there's such a thing. He's actually my candidate dad for my single parenthood. He's already said yes to my request for a baby. Unfortunately, should I find a great opportunity to teach in China, my single parenthood plans will have to be shelved -- till I get to China. Maybe he'll come with me. Who knows?

Decisions, decisions.

I haven't contacted Peter at all since the last time I was with him. I kinda miss the dickhead. Maybe during the sem break. Then again, maybe not. We'll see.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?